Partnering with Christian families to provide a classical education that equips students to believe courageously, think deeply, and serve compassionately
Statement of Faith
The following is the foundation of beliefs on which Providence Classical Christian School is based. They are also the key elements of Protestant Christianity that will be unapologetically taught in various ways through all grade levels. The substance of these statements is that which will be considered primary doctrine at Providence Classical Christian School. Our statement of faith is also in line with, as a member school, the Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS).
We require parents to be professing Christians who attend church regularly and agree with the following:
- We believe the Bible alone to be the Word of God, the ultimate and infallible authority for faith and practice.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary.
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone.
- We believe that faith without works is dead.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved to the resurrection of life, and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person male or female. Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person. We believe that the term marriage has only one meaning: the union of one man and one woman in a single exclusive lifelong relationship, as delineated in Scripture. We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other.
- We believe all human life to be sacred and created by God in His own image from conception through natural death. We are, therefore, called to protect, defend, and value all human life.
Secondary doctrines will not be presented as primary doctrine. When these types of doctrine arise, they will be referred to the family and local churches for final authority. Secondary doctrine refers to doctrinal issues which are not addressed in the PCCS statement of faith. Classroom discussion of secondary doctrine should be on an informative, nonpartisan level. Presentation of all sides of an issue is encouraged. The teacher should encourage the students to follow up any questions they have with their parents and pastor.
This statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For the purposes of PCCS’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, decision making authority concerning the application of Scripture shall be vested in the school’s board.
The school board is committed to fostering a school culture marked by biblical love and holiness, and providing a biblical role model for the staff, students, and families of PCCS and the community. Therefore, these standards will impact our decisions for the ministry of PCCS, including, but not limited to, facility use, the hiring and retention of staff and volunteers, and the evaluation of current and prospective students being admitted into or retained in PCCS.
It is mandatory that board members, employees, parents (at least one parent or legal guardian) and volunteers agree with and abide by the above Statement of Faith.